Wednesday, September 20, 2017

CIM Testing Tardis


Tardis is a beautiful navy blue opal,  it is a new color to the 104 palette, to me it is darker and more blue than Electric  avenue.   It melts beautifully,  I have a tendency to stick a cold rod right in the flame which causes it to shock, like all opals this glass prefers to be warmed up a bit more slowly.  I noticed no bubbling or scumming.  I did have a problem with cracking when I layered Tardis over an Effertre opaque,  I have had problems with layering opals over opaques before, I was using a new press so its possible that I didn't reheat it enough. 




























It doesn't really etch well, it is patchy so be aware.  
I really really love this color,  it is defiantly on my list to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation is Messy Baked Alaska

Creation is Messy testing of Baked Alaska. This color is a beautiful creamy yellow. It melts beautifully and is on the softer side but no...